K-1000 rally provides thrill, sees Dhoni take a ride
Bangalore: Team MRF`s Arjun Balu won his maiden IMG-K1000 rally, the second leg of the Speed Indian National Rally Championship at the Manyata Tech Park.
"This win means a lot to me. Though it was tough for the last three days, I enjoyed every bit of the championship," said the champion driver from Coimbatore who drove 200+ horsepower Mitbushi Lancet Cedia.
The 34-year-old speedmaster switched off and went on safe mode but his racing line and sturdy turn showed his class in the super special stage, where he gave a joyride to the Indian cricket captain M S Dhoni, brand ambassador of Speed, a product of BP.
However, it was Gaurav Gill who stole the limelight with two blistering laps of the two kms of the super special stage, providing thrill to over 5000-odd Sunday spectators.
Gill with his acute right before the hair-pin bend in front of the Grand Stand, provided thrill and speed with his sliding dash without letting off the gas.
The crowd cheered as he clocked two minutes and seven seconds, the best today. This also helped Gill and co-driver Moosa Sherif to bag all the three stage points of leg two, pipping Arjun Balu and Sujith Kumar in a tie, which went in favour of Gill and Sherif as they had fast time in more special stages on day two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement