Karthikeyan teams up with MRF as its Brand Ambassador
Chennai: Motor racing icon Narain Karthikeyan, the only Indian to have raced in Formula One, has been appointed by MRF Tyres as its "Racing Brand Ambassador".
"It is an honour for me to represent MRF Tyres and join their efforts to take motor racing to the next level in India," the 35-year old Karthikeyan said on his new assignment.
Karthikeyan, who would reportedly get Rs eight crores for the four year period from MRF, will also have assistance by way of sponsorship for his team in competitions starting with the three-legged MRF Restricted International Challenge racing events spread over three Sundays from January 31.
Coimbatore-based Karthikeyan, faced with difficulties in raising the required finance to have remained in Formula-1, the pinnacle of world motor sport, has been presently involved in competing for AI India in lesser known Team championship.
He has developed his academy team NK Speed Racing Team during the last over three years and his hand picked drivers including Aswin Sundar and Aditya Patel have been competing in JK Tyre National Road Racing Championship.
Though engineers and mechanics of the academy would continue to be part of his new renamed team, Karthikeyan was not sure about his drivers to be fielded for MRF International Formula 1600 cc class to be held in Irungattukottai near here from Jan 31 over three Sundays where besides Indians, drivers from Europe and Asia-Pacific are also likely to participate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state