Karthikeyan to continue with Zele Racing in round 2 of Auto GP
New Delhi: After a reasonable outing in the season-opener at Monza, India`s ace driver Narain Karthikeyan has got his deal with Zele Racing extended for the second race in Auto GP this weekend in Morocco.
Karthikeyan, who drove in Formula One last season with Hispania Racing Team, had finished fifth in the first race at Monza, but had to retire from race two due to brake failure.
Overall he`s standing seventh in the Auto GP drivers` standings.
Karthikeyan said he has secured a deal with Zele Racing to continue at least for the second race.
"I have just confirmed that I will do the race in Morocco. It will continue to be a race-by race deal, I think," Karthikeyan told reporters.
"Nothing much else is happening at the moment so I guess this keeps my eye in and helps stay race-fit," said Karthikeyan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?