Karun Chandhok given five-place grid penalty for Chinese GP
Shanghai: Indian driver Karun Chandhok has been handed over a five-place grid penalty for Sunday’s Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai after the Hispania Racing Team broke a seal on his car’s gearbox following Friday practice sessions.
The 26-year-old must take a penalty, as the team opened the gearbox to work on it without an FIA official in attendance, which is a breach of regulations.
However, the penalty is unlikely to affect the rookie driver, who finished 24th and last after the qualifying session at the Shanghai International Circuit, Xinhua news agency reports.
Chandhok and his team-mate Bruno Senna were 15th and 16th respectively in the Malaysian Grand Prix, a fortnight ago, and have only once qualified off the back row of the grid in three attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report