Karun Chandhok named for FIA Drivers` Commission
New Delhi: The FIA World Motor Sport Council today nominated Indian racer Karun Chandhok to be part of the newly created Drivers` Commission, which will be headed by two-time world champion Emerson Fittipaldi.
Chandhok, who raced for Hispania Racing in 2010, will join the 1992 world champion Nigel Mansell and former Marussia test driver, Maria de Villota in representing the rights and interests of drivers in single-seaters.
Chandhok`s name was confirmed at the first meeting of the Council today. Chandhok is plying his trade now in Endurance races.
Plans to set up the Drivers` Commission were made last year following the granting of provisional recognition by the International Olympic Committee of the FIA as a federation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note