Karun Chandhok not to race at Indian GP
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Karun Chandhok’s dream of racing in the inaugural Indian GP has been put to rest as his team chose to continue with their regular drivers, Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli.
However, Chandhok will still get behind the wheels for the Friday’s practice session in front of his home crowd.
Tony Fernandes, Team Lotus’ boss had earlier expressed his desire to see Chandhok race in front of his home fans but left the decision with the team. The decision might have come in the wake of team’s ambition of finishing 10th in the constructor’s standing that is sure to bring increased income along with other benefits.
The inaugural Indian GP is set to take place on October 30 at Buddh International Circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says