Karun hopes to take the Monaco confidence to Istanbul
New Delhi: Karun Chandhok grew in confidence with his eventful 14th place finish in the Monaco Grand Prix and the Hispania driver now wants to carry forward the confidence to Sunday`s race in Istanbul.
Karun had a rather rollercoaster ride in Monaco where Jarno Trulli of Lotus took the Indian out with seven laps of the chequered flag.
Despite the incident, Karun was classified 14th in what the Indian described as his best F1 race so far.
"I am looking forward to racing in Istanbul after our strong showing in Monaco. It is a shame it had to end the way it did but the team can be very proud as we did a good job there," Karun said ahead of Sunday`s Turkish Grand Prix.
Dwelling on the weekend race the Chennai driver said, "Turkey will be a completely different challenge to Monaco. I have gone well in Istanbul over the last couple of years in GP2 and was also leading the race in 2007 before I was forced to retire.”
"There is a good balance of corners here, specially turn 8, which is quite a challenge and very long, fast with the triple apex. Taking care of the tyres on the high-speed corners will be crucial to the outcome of the race," he said.
"The team is definitely encouraged after Monaco and we will continue to do our best to get the best possible result," said the driver, raring to hit the circuit after a two-week break.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India