Karun to race for JRM Racing in FIA World Endurance C`ship
New Delhi: Desperate to be in a racing seat this season, Karun Chandhok has signed a one-year deal with JRM Racing for the resurrected FIA World Endurance Championship, which will include historic Le Mans 24 Hours, world`s oldest sports car race in endurance racing.
The frustration of watching F1 races from sidelines has finally got to him and Chandhok chose to move to Endurance races, keeping his options in F1 open.
And it could not have been sweeter as he will not only be racing, but will get financial rewards too.
"For a change I will get money directly from my team. In F1, the money came only from endorsements and not from team. So it will be nice to race and get paid for it," Chandhok told reporters, without revealing the sum.
Chandhok will be third driver for the UK-based JRM Racing, which had won the 2011 FIA GT1 World Championship with Nissan.
For World Endurance Championship they will partner with Honda Performance Developments.
Apart from Chandhok, David Brabham and Peter Dumbreck are the two drivers attached with JRM Racing.
"At the moment, it is not possible to race in F1 this year. The only option is to test. At the end of the day, what I really enjoy is racing. And outside F1 it is the best and biggest championship and I am looking forward to it," Chandhok said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children