Karun to race for JRM Racing in FIA World Endurance C`ship
New Delhi: Desperate to be in a racing seat this season, Karun Chandhok has signed a one-year deal with JRM Racing for the resurrected FIA World Endurance Championship, which will include historic Le Mans 24 Hours, world`s oldest sports car race in endurance racing.
The frustration of watching F1 races from sidelines has finally got to him and Chandhok chose to move to Endurance races, keeping his options in F1 open.
And it could not have been sweeter as he will not only be racing, but will get financial rewards too.
"For a change I will get money directly from my team. In F1, the money came only from endorsements and not from team. So it will be nice to race and get paid for it," Chandhok told reporters, without revealing the sum.
Chandhok will be third driver for the UK-based JRM Racing, which had won the 2011 FIA GT1 World Championship with Nissan.
For World Endurance Championship they will partner with Honda Performance Developments.
Apart from Chandhok, David Brabham and Peter Dumbreck are the two drivers attached with JRM Racing.
"At the moment, it is not possible to race in F1 this year. The only option is to test. At the end of the day, what I really enjoy is racing. And outside F1 it is the best and biggest championship and I am looking forward to it," Chandhok said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!