Kevin Magnussen tops first Bahrain testing session
Manama: McLaren`s Formula One rookie Kevin Magnussen posted the quickest time on the morning session of the opening day of pre-season testing in Bahrain on Wednesday.
The Danish driver completed 14 laps on the Gulf State`s Sakhir circuit with a best time of 1min 39.224sec.
Lewis Hamilton`s Mercedes was next best on 1:39.464.
World champions Red Bull, who had a frustrating opening week of testing in Jerez last month, and Torro Rosso, kept their cars under wraps in their garages ahead of the afternoon session.
The 2014 Formula one season opens with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne on March 16.
1. Kevin Magnussen (DEN/McLaren-Mercedes) 1min 39.224sec (14 laps), 2. Lewis Hamilton (GBR/Mercedes) 1:39.464 (23 laps), 3. Nico Hülkenberg (GER/Force India) 1:39.923 (14 laps), 4. Fernando Alonso (ESP/Ferrari) 1:41.115 (13 laps), 5. Adrian Sutil (GER/Sauber) 1:42.849 (30 laps), 6. Robin Frijns (NED/Caterham) 1:44.337 (18 laps), 7. Romain Grosjean (FRA/Lotus) 1:44.832 (7 laps)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16