Kimi asks Ferrari to clear up on pit-stop strategy
Zee Media Bureau
Barcelona: It seems, trouble is brewing in the Ferrari ranks. After a disappointing start to the season, the Italian stable found themselves embroiled in team-order debate, which have also troubled their title rivals Red Bull Racing and Mercedes.
After finishing behind team-mate Fernando Alonso at the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona, Kimi Raikkonen has asked for an explanation from Ferrari on its pit-stop strategy. According to the Finnish driver, the strategy allowed Alonso to passed him in the closing stages of the race in Circuit de Catalunya.
On Sunday, the Spaniard overtook Raikkonen for sixth place, having caught the former Lotus driver on fresher tyres by virtue of three stops as compared to his team-mate’s two stops. During the race, a miffed Kimi was heard asking “who made these calls” on team radio.
As a practice, Formula One teams provide drivers running ahead pit-stop priority, but in Spain, Alonso stopped first despite running behind his team-mate in Spain. And the incident forced the Finn to think that he is getting the “second choice” treatment in the team. Kimi joined Ferrari at the start of the season after spending a season with Lotus. Earlier, he spent a season competing in Rallying and NASCAR.
Talking about the incident, the 34-year-old said that he “wanted to clear up some things.”
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says