Kimi Raikkonen bemused by future talk
Spa (Belgium): Kimi Raikkonen broke his silence to say he was bemused by Red Bull`s claims that he remains a contender to partner Sebastian Vettel next season.
The Lotus driver, whose agent Steve Robertson earlier this week said that Red Bull were no longer an option for the Finn, said he had no idea of what was happening.
He said Red Bull had stopped responding to their negotiations and made it seem clear that Toro Rosso`s Daniel Ricciardo was set to replace fellow-Australian Mark Webber next season.
Raikkonen, who missed his media duties on Thursday due to illness, told reporters: "I had no answer from them. We will see what happens.
"You have to ask them what they will do. I don`t know any better than you guys!
"We never heard anything for a while, which is not the ideal situation, but that`s how it is."
Raikkonen, who was a distant sixth fastest behind Vettel and Webber in his Lotus in Friday`s practice for Sunday`s Belgian Grand Prix, has also been linked with a possible vacancy at Ferrari.
"There is no different answer I can give you. Until there is anything 100 per cent sure, I`ve nothing to tell.
"There is a lot of talk -- I`m supposed to go to McLaren, I read somewhere, then there`s Ferrari, and then there`s Lotus. I still don`t have a contract so what else can I say?
"Until I can tell you anything 100 per cent, you keep asking and I keep saying the same things. We will not get anywhere and then there is a lot of bullshit in the papers about the different options, that this will happen, that this guy said that.
"There must be much more interesting things to write about and tell people than the same things over and over again."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says