Kimi Raikkonen complains final stop cost victory
Nurburgring: Kimi Raikkonen believes he may not have required his final pit stop -- and that it could have cost him victory in Sunday`s German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.
The Lotus driver stopped for a set of softs 10 laps from the finish and, despite reclaiming second from his team-mate Frenchman Romain Grosjean, he finished one second behind the victorious home hero German Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull.
Raikkonen said: "I could run longer and we had to think about if we should try to run until the end.
"But I had massive problem with the radio. I could hear the team but they couldn`t hear me, apart from at two corners.”
"I wonder if we should have gone to the end as the tyres were OK."
Raikkonen agreed with Vettel`s suggestion that the lead would have changed had the race been any longer.
"It`s hard to know what would have happened in the next two laps," said the Finn.
"We had good speed. I think we would have had a big fight anyhow and probably passed him.”
"We tried everything we had and failed to win, but I think for the team we had a good race. We`ll keep trying."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing