Kimi Raikkonen confident of doing well in Indian GP
New Delhi: Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen, who would be driving at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) for the first time, said he is confident of doing well in the race.
Last year this time, the Finn was driving in the World Rally Championship after nine seasons racing in Formula One. He made a comeback to F1 at the start of this season joining the British team.
"India is a brand new place for me. Like with Korea, I`ve never been to the country before which means I`ve never seen the circuit properly. I`m not like other drivers, so I haven`t driven the simulator to learn it," he was quoted as saying by the Formula 1 website ahead of the Oct 26-28 event.
"I like to go to different places and the challenge of driving a new circuit is always interesting. So far I`ve learnt tracks after a few laps in Free Practice. I didn`t have any problems learning the Yeongam circuit that way, and I don`t expect to have any issues here either."
Raikkonen`s teammate Romain Grosjean, who was a test driver for the team in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix, said he was excited about racing on a new track.
"I was at the circuit with the team last year in my role as third driver and it was fascinating to see F1 come to a new venue like India. The track is very impressive, in the middle of what is a massive facility," he said.
"The layout looks very interesting, with some slow corners and high speed sections as well. I`m sure it will be a great track to drive."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31