Kimi Raikkonen confident of doing well in Indian GP
New Delhi: Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen, who would be driving at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) for the first time, said he is confident of doing well in the race.
Last year this time, the Finn was driving in the World Rally Championship after nine seasons racing in Formula One. He made a comeback to F1 at the start of this season joining the British team.
"India is a brand new place for me. Like with Korea, I`ve never been to the country before which means I`ve never seen the circuit properly. I`m not like other drivers, so I haven`t driven the simulator to learn it," he was quoted as saying by the Formula 1 website ahead of the Oct 26-28 event.
"I like to go to different places and the challenge of driving a new circuit is always interesting. So far I`ve learnt tracks after a few laps in Free Practice. I didn`t have any problems learning the Yeongam circuit that way, and I don`t expect to have any issues here either."
Raikkonen`s teammate Romain Grosjean, who was a test driver for the team in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix, said he was excited about racing on a new track.
"I was at the circuit with the team last year in my role as third driver and it was fascinating to see F1 come to a new venue like India. The track is very impressive, in the middle of what is a massive facility," he said.
"The layout looks very interesting, with some slow corners and high speed sections as well. I`m sure it will be a great track to drive."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks