Kimi Raikkonen thinks Mercedes could be `surprise package` at Melbourne GP
London: Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen has said that Formula One team Mercedes, led by ace driver Lewis Hamilton, could spring a surprise at the opening Australian Grand Prix .
Raikkonen said Mercedes, which was the fastest team at the Barcelona test, may give a surprising performance in Melbourne, although he added that it was surprising that they were not strong in the races.
However, Raikkonen, who is expected to be one of the pace-setters in this season`s races, said that he could not outrun Mercedes because of food poisoning and technical issues.
The Lotus ace, who won the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, said that it does not matter that his team was not fast in the Barcelona tests, as they hoping for more successful performances in the first few races.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader