Kimi Raikkonen thinks Mercedes could be `surprise package` at Melbourne GP
London: Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen has said that Formula One team Mercedes, led by ace driver Lewis Hamilton, could spring a surprise at the opening Australian Grand Prix .
Raikkonen said Mercedes, which was the fastest team at the Barcelona test, may give a surprising performance in Melbourne, although he added that it was surprising that they were not strong in the races.
However, Raikkonen, who is expected to be one of the pace-setters in this season`s races, said that he could not outrun Mercedes because of food poisoning and technical issues.
The Lotus ace, who won the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, said that it does not matter that his team was not fast in the Barcelona tests, as they hoping for more successful performances in the first few races.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!