Kimi Raikkonen thinks Mercedes could be `surprise package` at Melbourne GP
London: Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen has said that Formula One team Mercedes, led by ace driver Lewis Hamilton, could spring a surprise at the opening Australian Grand Prix .
Raikkonen said Mercedes, which was the fastest team at the Barcelona test, may give a surprising performance in Melbourne, although he added that it was surprising that they were not strong in the races.
However, Raikkonen, who is expected to be one of the pace-setters in this season`s races, said that he could not outrun Mercedes because of food poisoning and technical issues.
The Lotus ace, who won the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, said that it does not matter that his team was not fast in the Barcelona tests, as they hoping for more successful performances in the first few races.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says