Kimi Raikkonen thinks Mercedes could be `surprise package` at Melbourne GP
London: Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen has said that Formula One team Mercedes, led by ace driver Lewis Hamilton, could spring a surprise at the opening Australian Grand Prix .
Raikkonen said Mercedes, which was the fastest team at the Barcelona test, may give a surprising performance in Melbourne, although he added that it was surprising that they were not strong in the races.
However, Raikkonen, who is expected to be one of the pace-setters in this season`s races, said that he could not outrun Mercedes because of food poisoning and technical issues.
The Lotus ace, who won the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, said that it does not matter that his team was not fast in the Barcelona tests, as they hoping for more successful performances in the first few races.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city