Kimi Raikkonen to take part in Young Driver Test
London: Nicolas Prost, Davide Valsecchi and the experienced Kimi Raikkonen will drive for Lotus Formula 1 team during an unusual Young Driver Test at Silverstone July 17-19.
The test - originally intended solely for young drivers, but adapted to allow race drivers to test Pirelli’s new tyres - will see development driver Prost drive on Wednesday, followed by third driver Davide Valsecchi on Thursday, with Raikkonen bringing the test to a conclusion on Friday.
Both Nicolas and Davide have previously driven the team’s 2012 car at last year’s Young Driver Test, whilst Davide has also taken the wheel of the current model - the E21 - for half a day’s running during 2013 pre-season testing.
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier said: “It’s great timing for us to have this season’s Young Driver Test scheduled in the middle of the year as it allows us to evaluate more of the new parts we have for the E21 as the championship battle intensifies.
"Remarkably, the UK has been having some notably good weather recently so we’re looking forward to getting some good running across the three days."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional