Kimi Raikkonen to take part in Young Driver Test
London: Nicolas Prost, Davide Valsecchi and the experienced Kimi Raikkonen will drive for Lotus Formula 1 team during an unusual Young Driver Test at Silverstone July 17-19.
The test - originally intended solely for young drivers, but adapted to allow race drivers to test Pirelli’s new tyres - will see development driver Prost drive on Wednesday, followed by third driver Davide Valsecchi on Thursday, with Raikkonen bringing the test to a conclusion on Friday.
Both Nicolas and Davide have previously driven the team’s 2012 car at last year’s Young Driver Test, whilst Davide has also taken the wheel of the current model - the E21 - for half a day’s running during 2013 pre-season testing.
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier said: “It’s great timing for us to have this season’s Young Driver Test scheduled in the middle of the year as it allows us to evaluate more of the new parts we have for the E21 as the championship battle intensifies.
"Remarkably, the UK has been having some notably good weather recently so we’re looking forward to getting some good running across the three days."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...