Kimi Raikkonen to take part in Young Driver Test
London: Nicolas Prost, Davide Valsecchi and the experienced Kimi Raikkonen will drive for Lotus Formula 1 team during an unusual Young Driver Test at Silverstone July 17-19.
The test - originally intended solely for young drivers, but adapted to allow race drivers to test Pirelli’s new tyres - will see development driver Prost drive on Wednesday, followed by third driver Davide Valsecchi on Thursday, with Raikkonen bringing the test to a conclusion on Friday.
Both Nicolas and Davide have previously driven the team’s 2012 car at last year’s Young Driver Test, whilst Davide has also taken the wheel of the current model - the E21 - for half a day’s running during 2013 pre-season testing.
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier said: “It’s great timing for us to have this season’s Young Driver Test scheduled in the middle of the year as it allows us to evaluate more of the new parts we have for the E21 as the championship battle intensifies.
"Remarkably, the UK has been having some notably good weather recently so we’re looking forward to getting some good running across the three days."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video