Kimi Raikkonen to take part in Young Driver Test
London: Nicolas Prost, Davide Valsecchi and the experienced Kimi Raikkonen will drive for Lotus Formula 1 team during an unusual Young Driver Test at Silverstone July 17-19.
The test - originally intended solely for young drivers, but adapted to allow race drivers to test Pirelli’s new tyres - will see development driver Prost drive on Wednesday, followed by third driver Davide Valsecchi on Thursday, with Raikkonen bringing the test to a conclusion on Friday.
Both Nicolas and Davide have previously driven the team’s 2012 car at last year’s Young Driver Test, whilst Davide has also taken the wheel of the current model - the E21 - for half a day’s running during 2013 pre-season testing.
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier said: “It’s great timing for us to have this season’s Young Driver Test scheduled in the middle of the year as it allows us to evaluate more of the new parts we have for the E21 as the championship battle intensifies.
"Remarkably, the UK has been having some notably good weather recently so we’re looking forward to getting some good running across the three days."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves