Kimiya Sato to be Sauber reserve in Japan
Japanese driver Kimiya Sato will be Sauber`s reserve at his home grand prix at Suzuka next weekend, the Swiss Formula One team said on Sunday.
Yeongam (South Korea): The 24-year-old will also carry out a straight line aerodynamic test for them on October 18 at the Vairano track in Italy.
Sato has already driven the Sauber, taking part in a young driver test at Silverstone in July. The team have a number of Japanese partners, including NEC.
Japan has no Formula One race drivers at present with the highly popular Kamui Kobayashi, who was dropped by Sauber at the end of last season, the last to compete at Suzuka and finishing third there in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling