Korean Grand Prix: Sebastian Vettel fastest in final practice
Korea: World champion Sebastian Vettel fired an ominous warning of intent as he shot his way to the fastest time in final practice Saturday for the Korean Grand Prix.
The runaway leader in the drivers` championship pipped estranged team-mate Mark Webber to the quickest time by 0.137sec with his 1min 37.881sec lap at a sunny Yeongam.
The Red Bull pair were followed by Mercedes duo Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, who dominated the two practice sessions on Friday.
There was a hairy moment for Vettel, who is 60 points clear in the title race, in the final quarter of the session when he ran wide at turn 13 and picked up dust as he pushed too hard.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso, Vettel`s nearest challenger in the title race, was fifth-fastest, followed by Romain Grosjean for Lotus and Alonso`s team-mate Felipe Massa.
Grosjean`s team-mate Kimi Raikkonen, Nico Hulkenberg of Sauber and McLaren`s Jenson Button rounded out the top 10.
Qualifying takes place later Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena