Korean Grand Prix: Sebastian Vettel fastest in final practice
Korea: World champion Sebastian Vettel fired an ominous warning of intent as he shot his way to the fastest time in final practice Saturday for the Korean Grand Prix.
The runaway leader in the drivers` championship pipped estranged team-mate Mark Webber to the quickest time by 0.137sec with his 1min 37.881sec lap at a sunny Yeongam.
The Red Bull pair were followed by Mercedes duo Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, who dominated the two practice sessions on Friday.
There was a hairy moment for Vettel, who is 60 points clear in the title race, in the final quarter of the session when he ran wide at turn 13 and picked up dust as he pushed too hard.
Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso, Vettel`s nearest challenger in the title race, was fifth-fastest, followed by Romain Grosjean for Lotus and Alonso`s team-mate Felipe Massa.
Grosjean`s team-mate Kimi Raikkonen, Nico Hulkenberg of Sauber and McLaren`s Jenson Button rounded out the top 10.
Qualifying takes place later Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal