Krishnan Rajini wins Super Bikes class
Coimbatore: India`s star international rider Krishnan Rajini of Moto-Rev India lived up to his reputation with an authoritative display of skills to win the glamour Super Bikes class in the second round of MRF-FMSCI National Motorcycle Racing Championship on Sunday.
Bouncing back into action after a crash out in the first round yesterday, Rajini destroyed the field to open up a huge lead before easing off towards the end of the 10-lapper sparing nearly three seconds to Deepak Ravikumar (Preethi Racing) who had won the first outing.
"I did not really push today as I was keen on finishing the race. My mechanics did a good job of setting right the clutch that was not functioning properly on Saturday. I am quite happy that everything well today and I had enough lead to back off at the finish. It was a good outing ahead of next month`s FIM-Asia races in Chennai," said Rajini.
Earlier, A Prabhu of Moto-Rev India was rushed to the hospital with a collarbone injury after a massive crash at the top of the start-finish straight in the Group D (165cc) Open class.
Exiting the final corner into the straight, Prabhu was thrown off the bike which slid nearly 50 metres before coming to a stop. Prabhu was then rushed to the hospital while the doctors on the spot said he was "ok" barring some injuries.
Prabhu thus missed several other races he was entered in, including the Group B (modified) 10-lapper that Deepak Ravikumar won to complete a fine double.
Some of the other races too witnessed spills that kept the medical staff on its toes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video