Lap 1 tangle ends Sutil`s point hopes in Brazilian GP
Sao Paolo: Adrian Sutil`s podium hopes and point prospects withered in the opening lap itself after the Force India driver got into a tangle with Jarno Trulli`s Toyota minutes into the Brazilian Grand Prix.
Starting an impressive third on the grid, Sutil was back cooling his heels soon after, while his teammate Vitantonio Liuzzi at least had the consolation of finishing 12th after starting from the back of the grid.
Sutil started third at the Interlagos before Ferrari`s Kimi Raikkonen overtook him, brushing the wheels of the Force India car.
Trying to overtake Sutil, Trulli came in contact with him and both were in a tangled mass soon, leading to a war of words between the drivers.
"Trulli was there on the outside trying to go round. It was a really stupid maneouvre as there was no space and I couldn`t see him at all," an enraged Sutil later said.
"At that point it wasn`t worth it and it ended my race far too early on as I went over into the gravel. Jarno was furious and said it was my mistake but I just told him what had happened to me. But it`s over and now he`s just got to deal with it," added the German.
Force India chairman Vijay Mallya did not hide his disappointment at missing a golden opportunity to score points, if not a podium finish, on a track that suited the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe