Lewis Hamilton edges Sebastian Vettel to Hungarian pole
Budapest: Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes on Saturday edged out defending champion and season leader Sebastian Vettel to claim pole position for Sunday`s Hungarian Grand Prix.
Hamilton, the 2008 champion, pulled out a best lap of 1min 19.388sec to land his third straight pole and the 30th of his career with Red Bull`s Vettel timing 1.19.426.
Frenchman Romain Grosjean in a Lotus was third fastest to take his place on the second row of the grid.
Nico Rosberg, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa, Daniel Ricciardo, Sergio Perez and Mark Webber completed the top ten after final qualifying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China