Lewis Hamilton edges Sebastian Vettel to Hungarian pole
Budapest: Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes on Saturday edged out defending champion and season leader Sebastian Vettel to claim pole position for Sunday`s Hungarian Grand Prix.
Hamilton, the 2008 champion, pulled out a best lap of 1min 19.388sec to land his third straight pole and the 30th of his career with Red Bull`s Vettel timing 1.19.426.
Frenchman Romain Grosjean in a Lotus was third fastest to take his place on the second row of the grid.
Nico Rosberg, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa, Daniel Ricciardo, Sergio Perez and Mark Webber completed the top ten after final qualifying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet