Lewis Hamilton hails Daniel Ricciardo as `one of the best drivers` on grid
London: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has said that Red Bull`s Daniel Ricciardo is one of the best drivers on the grid after the Australian has delivered a string of impressive showings in his debut year with the Austrian firm.
Ricciardo is reportedly the only non- Mercedes driver to have won a race in 2014, taking victory in Canada and Hungary. The Australian has also consistently outperformed his four-time world champion teammate Sebastian Vettel.
Hamilton said that Ricciardo has been driving fantastically well from the beginning of the year, The BBC reported.
The 2008 world champion also said that the Australian has shown his capability and is going from strength to strength. Hamilton added that Ricciardo is not only one of the nicest guys in the paddock, but also one of the best drivers for sure.
Double world champion Fernando Alonso also agreed with Hamilton adding that Ricciardo is leading the champion team and that says it all.
Ricciardo is third in the drivers` standings, 71 points adrift of championship leader Nico Rosberg but 43 ahead of teammate Vettel, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries
- Did Indian Air Force's AN-32 plane vanish due to catastrophic accident?
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report