Lewis Hamilton rushes to UK to spend time with dying aunt
London: Lewis Hamilton flew in from America to the UK after being told that his beloved aunt Diane has just weeks to live.
The 27-year-old F1 ace’s aunt has been fighting cancer but doctors have told her there is nothing they can do to save her.
So the racing driver cut short his outdoor-adventure break in the US to spend every last possible moment with her.
As he rushed to her bedside he asked his 975,000 Twitter followers to pray for his aunt Diane.
“Will you please say a prayer for my auntie? She’s dying from cancer and just been told she has weeks to live,”
“It’s the toughest time for the family, as it would be for any family. I can’t wait to go see her. I want to spend every second I can with her,” he wrote.
Hundreds of his fans sent messages of love and support to him on Friday night.
“Thank you all. I will show them to her when I see her. She will be very grateful. I can’t believe this is happening,” he told his followers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?