Lewis Hamilton rushes to UK to spend time with dying aunt
London: Lewis Hamilton flew in from America to the UK after being told that his beloved aunt Diane has just weeks to live.
The 27-year-old F1 ace’s aunt has been fighting cancer but doctors have told her there is nothing they can do to save her.
So the racing driver cut short his outdoor-adventure break in the US to spend every last possible moment with her.
As he rushed to her bedside he asked his 975,000 Twitter followers to pray for his aunt Diane.
“Will you please say a prayer for my auntie? She’s dying from cancer and just been told she has weeks to live,”
“It’s the toughest time for the family, as it would be for any family. I can’t wait to go see her. I want to spend every second I can with her,” he wrote.
Hundreds of his fans sent messages of love and support to him on Friday night.
“Thank you all. I will show them to her when I see her. She will be very grateful. I can’t believe this is happening,” he told his followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered