Lewis Hamilton rushes to UK to spend time with dying aunt
London: Lewis Hamilton flew in from America to the UK after being told that his beloved aunt Diane has just weeks to live.
The 27-year-old F1 ace’s aunt has been fighting cancer but doctors have told her there is nothing they can do to save her.
So the racing driver cut short his outdoor-adventure break in the US to spend every last possible moment with her.
As he rushed to her bedside he asked his 975,000 Twitter followers to pray for his aunt Diane.
“Will you please say a prayer for my auntie? She’s dying from cancer and just been told she has weeks to live,”
“It’s the toughest time for the family, as it would be for any family. I can’t wait to go see her. I want to spend every second I can with her,” he wrote.
Hundreds of his fans sent messages of love and support to him on Friday night.
“Thank you all. I will show them to her when I see her. She will be very grateful. I can’t believe this is happening,” he told his followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ileana D'Cruz raises the mercury by donning a scorching monokini! – Pic inside
- One worker killed in explosion at pharma unit in Visakhapatnam
- Kapil Sharma meets fan battling cancer - The comedian's gesture will win your heart
- Rio Games: Russia faces ban from Olympic weightlifting over doping offences
- Tata patriarch's aviation ambitions a step closer as India opens up