Lewis Hamilton rushes to UK to spend time with dying aunt
London: Lewis Hamilton flew in from America to the UK after being told that his beloved aunt Diane has just weeks to live.
The 27-year-old F1 ace’s aunt has been fighting cancer but doctors have told her there is nothing they can do to save her.
So the racing driver cut short his outdoor-adventure break in the US to spend every last possible moment with her.
As he rushed to her bedside he asked his 975,000 Twitter followers to pray for his aunt Diane.
“Will you please say a prayer for my auntie? She’s dying from cancer and just been told she has weeks to live,”
“It’s the toughest time for the family, as it would be for any family. I can’t wait to go see her. I want to spend every second I can with her,” he wrote.
Hundreds of his fans sent messages of love and support to him on Friday night.
“Thank you all. I will show them to her when I see her. She will be very grateful. I can’t believe this is happening,” he told his followers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75
- HDFC Realty, SBI Caps to auction 61 properties of Sahara