Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel early casualties in Melbourne
Melbourne: Pole-sitter Lewis Hamilton and world champion Sebastian Vettel were both early casualties as the Formula One season got off to a furious start at the Australian Grand Prix on Sunday.
Hamilton was slow off the grid and retired after just four laps in his misfiring Mercedes, while Vettel`s Red Bull was also hit by mechanical problems and he gave up on the race two laps later.
After 14 laps, Mercedes` Nico Rosberg held the lead ahead of Red Bull`s Daniel Ricciardo and McLaren rookie Kevin Magnussen, although the safety car was out after Valtteri Bottas left a rear tyre on the track.
Kamui Kobayashi`s first race back in F1 with Caterham did not last long as he ploughed into the back of Felipe Massa`s Williams at the start, taking both cars out of the race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!