Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel early casualties in Melbourne
Melbourne: Pole-sitter Lewis Hamilton and world champion Sebastian Vettel were both early casualties as the Formula One season got off to a furious start at the Australian Grand Prix on Sunday.
Hamilton was slow off the grid and retired after just four laps in his misfiring Mercedes, while Vettel`s Red Bull was also hit by mechanical problems and he gave up on the race two laps later.
After 14 laps, Mercedes` Nico Rosberg held the lead ahead of Red Bull`s Daniel Ricciardo and McLaren rookie Kevin Magnussen, although the safety car was out after Valtteri Bottas left a rear tyre on the track.
Kamui Kobayashi`s first race back in F1 with Caterham did not last long as he ploughed into the back of Felipe Massa`s Williams at the start, taking both cars out of the race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB