Lotus boss backs Kimi Raikkonen to pose serious challenge for 2013 F1 world title
London: Lotus boss Gerard Lopez has said Kimi Raikkonen will pose a serious challenge for the world title this year after silencing doubters in 2012.
Lopez said he was proud of the Finn’s strong performances last year, particularly when many ‘experts’ were convinced he would be unmotivated for his Formula One comeback.
He added the team’s policy of letting Raikkonen concentrate on driving had paid off handsomely, the Sun reports.
Lopez said the pessimistic views of those who thought Raikkonen would fail made him smile.
He added that Raikkonen put a great deal of work to compliment his talent and the results were the fruit of that.
Lopez is now expecting the 2007 world champ to spearhead this year’s title race, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?