Lotus boss backs Kimi Raikkonen to pose serious challenge for 2013 F1 world title
London: Lotus boss Gerard Lopez has said Kimi Raikkonen will pose a serious challenge for the world title this year after silencing doubters in 2012.
Lopez said he was proud of the Finn’s strong performances last year, particularly when many ‘experts’ were convinced he would be unmotivated for his Formula One comeback.
He added the team’s policy of letting Raikkonen concentrate on driving had paid off handsomely, the Sun reports.
Lopez said the pessimistic views of those who thought Raikkonen would fail made him smile.
He added that Raikkonen put a great deal of work to compliment his talent and the results were the fruit of that.
Lopez is now expecting the 2007 world champ to spearhead this year’s title race, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler