Lotus boss backs Kimi Raikkonen to pose serious challenge for 2013 F1 world title
London: Lotus boss Gerard Lopez has said Kimi Raikkonen will pose a serious challenge for the world title this year after silencing doubters in 2012.
Lopez said he was proud of the Finn’s strong performances last year, particularly when many ‘experts’ were convinced he would be unmotivated for his Formula One comeback.
He added the team’s policy of letting Raikkonen concentrate on driving had paid off handsomely, the Sun reports.
Lopez said the pessimistic views of those who thought Raikkonen would fail made him smile.
He added that Raikkonen put a great deal of work to compliment his talent and the results were the fruit of that.
Lopez is now expecting the 2007 world champ to spearhead this year’s title race, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'