Lotus F1 team launches 2013 car
Oxfordshire (England): Lotus has become the first Formula 1 team to unveil its car for the 2013 season after curtains were drawn from the Renault powered E21 in an online launch at the team`s Enstone base here.
The car was revealed to team partners on site Monday.
The E21 will contest the 2013 Championship with drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
With only limited changes to the technical and sporting regulations from 2012, the car continues the design themes seen in its race-winning predecessor, the E20.
"However, it is pushing last year`s concepts even further as well as incorporating some innovative technical solutions. The new car also features a slightly tweaked livery, incorporating an extra touch or red," said Lotus in a statement.
Joining the team as third driver is reigning GP2 series champion Davide Valsecchi, whilst Nicolas Prost will perform development driver duties. Jerôme D`Ambrosio will continue with the team as a reserve.
Eric Boullier, Lotus team principal said: "I think it is fair to say that great things are possible from the team and the E21. The leap we made from 2011 to 2012 showed what we are capable of. Add to this the continuity and potential of our driver line-up and we have a very powerful cocktail for the season ahead."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan