Lotus F1 team launches 2013 car
Oxfordshire (England): Lotus has become the first Formula 1 team to unveil its car for the 2013 season after curtains were drawn from the Renault powered E21 in an online launch at the team`s Enstone base here.
The car was revealed to team partners on site Monday.
The E21 will contest the 2013 Championship with drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
With only limited changes to the technical and sporting regulations from 2012, the car continues the design themes seen in its race-winning predecessor, the E20.
"However, it is pushing last year`s concepts even further as well as incorporating some innovative technical solutions. The new car also features a slightly tweaked livery, incorporating an extra touch or red," said Lotus in a statement.
Joining the team as third driver is reigning GP2 series champion Davide Valsecchi, whilst Nicolas Prost will perform development driver duties. Jerôme D`Ambrosio will continue with the team as a reserve.
Eric Boullier, Lotus team principal said: "I think it is fair to say that great things are possible from the team and the E21. The leap we made from 2011 to 2012 showed what we are capable of. Add to this the continuity and potential of our driver line-up and we have a very powerful cocktail for the season ahead."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account