Lotus is now Caterham while Renault is Lotus
Paris: Indian Formula One driver Karun Chandhok`s team from 2012 season will be known as Caterham and not as Lotus since the world body of motorsports, FIA has approved the change in name for three sides.
Chandhok is part of the Malaysia-based team as a reserve driver and did not get the chance to race in the just-concluded inaugural Indian Grand Prix.
Air Asia owner Tony Fernandes is the Team Principal.
The name Lotus will now be used by Renault, which was earlier known as Lotus Renault. Since Renault has ended the association with the team thus the F1 side requested for a name change.
The third team to get a new name is Virgin, which will be known as Marussia from the 2012 season.
The name change decisions were discussed at F1 Commission meeting in Geneva on Thursday and approved by FIA yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?