Lotus is now Caterham while Renault is Lotus
Paris: Indian Formula One driver Karun Chandhok`s team from 2012 season will be known as Caterham and not as Lotus since the world body of motorsports, FIA has approved the change in name for three sides.
Chandhok is part of the Malaysia-based team as a reserve driver and did not get the chance to race in the just-concluded inaugural Indian Grand Prix.
Air Asia owner Tony Fernandes is the Team Principal.
The name Lotus will now be used by Renault, which was earlier known as Lotus Renault. Since Renault has ended the association with the team thus the F1 side requested for a name change.
The third team to get a new name is Virgin, which will be known as Marussia from the 2012 season.
The name change decisions were discussed at F1 Commission meeting in Geneva on Thursday and approved by FIA yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital