Lotus team supremo denies Kimi Raikkonen joining Red Bull
London: Lotus Chairman Gerard Lopez has denied reports of Formula One ace Kimi Raikkonen joining Red Bull, claiming that the racer will be staying on at Lotus.
Stating that there is no reason for Raikkonen to leave the team, Lopez said he is confident that Raikonnen will not sign any pre-contract, adding that the racer shares an excellent relationship with the team.
Lopez has also claimed that Red Bull has their own issues, which is why they think Raikonnen`s presence in the team would be of aid to them.
The Finnish driver had recently celebrated his second place finish at the Chinese Grand Prix and his victory in Melbourne has also established his worth to the team.
Lopez was reacting to reports that Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has officially declared that Raikonnen would replace Mark Webber who will quit the team at the end of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation