Lotus team supremo denies Kimi Raikkonen joining Red Bull
London: Lotus Chairman Gerard Lopez has denied reports of Formula One ace Kimi Raikkonen joining Red Bull, claiming that the racer will be staying on at Lotus.
Stating that there is no reason for Raikkonen to leave the team, Lopez said he is confident that Raikonnen will not sign any pre-contract, adding that the racer shares an excellent relationship with the team.
Lopez has also claimed that Red Bull has their own issues, which is why they think Raikonnen`s presence in the team would be of aid to them.
The Finnish driver had recently celebrated his second place finish at the Chinese Grand Prix and his victory in Melbourne has also established his worth to the team.
Lopez was reacting to reports that Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has officially declared that Raikonnen would replace Mark Webber who will quit the team at the end of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’