Lotus team supremo denies Kimi Raikkonen joining Red Bull
London: Lotus Chairman Gerard Lopez has denied reports of Formula One ace Kimi Raikkonen joining Red Bull, claiming that the racer will be staying on at Lotus.
Stating that there is no reason for Raikkonen to leave the team, Lopez said he is confident that Raikonnen will not sign any pre-contract, adding that the racer shares an excellent relationship with the team.
Lopez has also claimed that Red Bull has their own issues, which is why they think Raikonnen`s presence in the team would be of aid to them.
The Finnish driver had recently celebrated his second place finish at the Chinese Grand Prix and his victory in Melbourne has also established his worth to the team.
Lopez was reacting to reports that Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has officially declared that Raikonnen would replace Mark Webber who will quit the team at the end of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani