Mahi Racing riders to begin second and third in Assen
New Delhi: Mahi Racing Team India riders Kenan Sofuoglu and Fabien Foret will begin the third leg of the World Supersport championship in Assen, The Netherlands on the front row on Sunday.
Sofuoglu, who won the first race in Philip Island, Australia, would begin second behind Britisher Sam Lowes of Yakhnich Racing, who clocked a timing of 1`38.375 at the TT circuit. Foret would start third.
Mahi Racing team has won the first two races of the season and is aiming for a hat-trick of wins.
Three-time champion Sofuoglu, who had played it safe on a rain soaked track yesterday, clocked a timing of 1`39.018.
Joining him on the front row was his teammate Foret with a timing of 1`39.266, who was forced to retire in the first qualifying.
"We are very happy with the way we performed in qualifying. Starting on the front row was very important for us and hopefully we will convert it into yet another race victory," said Mahi Racing`s chairman and Managing Director Arun Pandeyover phone from Assen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!