Mahi Racing Team continues fine display
New Delhi: Mahi Racing Team India riders continued their fine display at World Supersport Championship with a second and third place finish in a closely fought third race at the TT circuit in Assen, Netherlands on Sunday.
Reigning world champion Kenan Sofuoglu, who began the race in second position, finished second as he came home just .026 seconds behind eventual winner Sam Lowes of Yakhnich Motorsport to earn his second podium finish in two races.
Last race winner from Aragon, Fabien Foret finished third to maintain his pole position in the overall standings with 54 points from three races. Foret has not finished outside the top four in any of the three races and enjoys a five point lead over Michael VD Mark in the overall standings.
On the other hand, Sofuoglu, who had won the first race in Philip Island, Australia, is currently fourth with 45 points.
The Turkish rider was involved in a fierce battle for the top spot with Lowes with both riders sharing the lead between themselves throughout the 21 lap race, which Lowes won by a whisker.
"We have had podium finishes in the last two races and now a second and third position. Over all this is a good beginning Moreover one of our rider still continues to lead the race standings, we will be doing everything to get the riders to continue the lead," team chairman and Managing Director Arun Pandey said in a release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India