Mahindra confident of scoring maiden points at Spanish GP
Jerez (Spain): Mahindra riders Danny Webb and Marcel Schrotter would look to score team`s maiden points of the season when the European leg of the MotoGP begins with Sunday`s Spanish Grand Prix at the Andalusian circuit, here.
The team did not have great start to the season at Qatar as Schr?tter had encountered a gearbox issue and could not complete the race while Webb finished 18th, without points.
Team Mahindra though is confidence to get some points under belt through improved performance from their 250cc single-cylinder engine to take the riders into the points in the all-new Moto3 class.
The new-generation four-strokes, built to strict technical limits and under cost-cutting rules, have replaced the traditional 125 class.
"We`ve got the reliability now, the bike didn`t let me down even once at Qatar, and the chassis is really good. If I`d have got a better start I`d have been in the points for sure," Webb said.
Schrotter was hopeful of scoring points.
"We made a lot of progress at Qatar and I had got into the group that went for top-ten positions at the end when I had a gear-change problem and had to retire. It was better than I`d expected because we made a step in warm-up before the race. I`m looking forward to Jerez, for a chance to try again," he said.
The second race of the four-race European leg will be the Portuguese GP at Estoril on May 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video