Mahindra on front row for German GP
Sachsenring (Germany): Miguel Oliveira will start tomorrow`s German Grand Prix from the front row of the grid - the fourth time in the Mahindra MGP3O`s debut season that he has claimed a top-three qualifying position.
The Portuguese teenager is placed third, two short of his maiden pole position two weeks ago at Assen, but his third front-row start in succession.
Team-mate Efr`n V`zquez qualified seventh, heading the third row, but frustrated that another rider had baulked his last-lap effort to claim his first front-row of the year. The Spaniard finished yesterday`s first day of free practice third overall, proving his potential as he regains strength after earlier injury.
Mahindra is the only Indian factory team in international motorcycle racing. The MGP3O was designed and built in only six months, and has proved not only reliable from the start, but as importantly highly competitive, even in first prototype form.
Tomorrow`s race is the eighth of 17 rounds in the Moto3- World Championship. Oliveira currently lies a close sixth overall, with V`zquez 13th, after missing two rounds through injury.
"We changed some settings overnight, mainly at the rear, and the modifications are working well. I am not completely happy with my rhythm, but I could do a good lap. The race tomorrow will be difficult as always, especially the last laps. There are a lot of left-hand corners here and tyre life will be an issue," said Oliveira.
V`zquez said: "I`m not happy. I think I could have made the front row but on the last lap I was caught up with the mistake of another rider. On the fast corner he closed the door on me and I lost a little time. He did not ride in the correct way. But I think we can still do a good race."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened