Mahindra Racing announces new drivers` line-up for 2013 season
Valencia: Mahindra Racing has signed Spaniard Efren Vazquez and Portuguese teenager Miguel Oliveira as its new riders for the 2013 season of the 2013 Moto3 World Championship, the team announced on Friday.
It is an all-new line up for the only Indian team in the FIM championship.
Briton Danny Webb and German`s Marcel Schrotter had raced for the team in the first eight rounds of the 2012 Moto3 World Championship. Marcel left the team from the ninth round and was replaced by Riccardo Moretti.
The team will now move from its current Italian base to Switzerland for the next season.
Mufaddal Choonia, Team principal, said, "Signing these two riders was very important to us. Our plans are coming together well, but we are under no illusion that 2013 will be easy. We have learned some hard lessons this year, and we have a much stronger all-round package in place for the future."
"This is an exciting opportunity. Mahindra has shown some real commitment to the sport and I was impressed by their plans. I am looking forward to working with the team and we are aiming to make the new bike into one of the top machines in Moto3," said Vazquez.
"Having an Indian company involved in MotoGP is great and so I am very pleased to join this project. Mahindra Racing has enormous support in India and I want to help them achieve their goals. I know there will be challenges ahead, but I am confident and very excited about 2013," added Oliveira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra