Mahindra Racing score top-10 finish at Silverstone
Silverstone: Mahindra Racing’s Miguel Oliveira and Efren Vazquez finished fifth and 10th respectively in the British Moto3 Grand Prix held at a sunny Silverstone Circuit here.
The 17-lap race around the fast and flowing 5.9km track saw a breakaway group of four, headed by Luis Salom, battle for the win Sunday.
Just behind them, Oliveira headed a second group of four for the full race distance after a tough and exciting battle.
Having recorded the third fastest time in morning warm-up, the young Portuguese rider was ready to improve on his eighth place on the grid. Ninth after a fast and furious first lap, Oliveira steadily worked his way up to the front of the second group and then battled hard to keep repelling the persistent challenge of Jonas Folger.
Meanwhile, on the eve of his 27th birthday, Efren Vazquez was making his 100th Grand Prix start and was involved in a similar dice at the head of the third group of riders. From 13th on the grid, Efrén lost a place on lap one before charging through to battle at the front of the group.
Mahindra also confirmed that Ambrogio Racing will switch to racing Mahindra MGP3O bikes from the next race with their riders, German Luca Amato and South African Brad Binder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea