Mahindra Racing score top-10 finish at Silverstone
Silverstone: Mahindra Racing’s Miguel Oliveira and Efren Vazquez finished fifth and 10th respectively in the British Moto3 Grand Prix held at a sunny Silverstone Circuit here.
The 17-lap race around the fast and flowing 5.9km track saw a breakaway group of four, headed by Luis Salom, battle for the win Sunday.
Just behind them, Oliveira headed a second group of four for the full race distance after a tough and exciting battle.
Having recorded the third fastest time in morning warm-up, the young Portuguese rider was ready to improve on his eighth place on the grid. Ninth after a fast and furious first lap, Oliveira steadily worked his way up to the front of the second group and then battled hard to keep repelling the persistent challenge of Jonas Folger.
Meanwhile, on the eve of his 27th birthday, Efren Vazquez was making his 100th Grand Prix start and was involved in a similar dice at the head of the third group of riders. From 13th on the grid, Efrén lost a place on lap one before charging through to battle at the front of the group.
Mahindra also confirmed that Ambrogio Racing will switch to racing Mahindra MGP3O bikes from the next race with their riders, German Luca Amato and South African Brad Binder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire