Malaysia`s Fernandes sells Caterham
London: Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandes has sold the British-based Caterham Formula One team to a consortium of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors, it was announced Wednesday.
"Caterham F1 Team is pleased to confirm that Tony Fernandes and his partners have sold the team to a consortium of Swiss and Middle Eastern investors, advised by former F1 Team Principal Colin Kolles," said a team statement.
In May, Fernandes the owner of budget airline AirAsia and London football club Queens Park Rangers, who next season will be back in the lucrative English Premier League, said in May he wasn`t looking to sell Caterham but was keen to attract additional investment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic