Malaysian GP: Raikkonen to start 10th after grid penalty
Sepang: Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus set the seventh fastest time in a rain affected qualifying of the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix here on Saturday. The Finn will however start Sunday`s race from tenth position after receiving a three place grid penalty for blocking Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg.
Raikkonen`s teammate Romain Grosjean was eleventh fastest after the rain scuppered his Q2 lap on new tyres; forcing him to abort his final attempt.
Raikkonen, who won the season opener in Melbourne, said, "We weren`t quick enough on the intermediates so I don`t think we could have found much more time in the wet today. For sure I wanted more but it is what it is and I hope we`ll do better Sunday. It`s obviously disappointing to lose three places on the grid, but we`ll have to see what happens in the race. I have no idea what the weather will do, but it will be the same for everyone."
Lotus technical director James Allison felt the race is "likely to be a stern test of driver and team".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days