Malaysian GP: Raikkonen to start 10th after grid penalty
Sepang: Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus set the seventh fastest time in a rain affected qualifying of the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix here on Saturday. The Finn will however start Sunday`s race from tenth position after receiving a three place grid penalty for blocking Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg.
Raikkonen`s teammate Romain Grosjean was eleventh fastest after the rain scuppered his Q2 lap on new tyres; forcing him to abort his final attempt.
Raikkonen, who won the season opener in Melbourne, said, "We weren`t quick enough on the intermediates so I don`t think we could have found much more time in the wet today. For sure I wanted more but it is what it is and I hope we`ll do better Sunday. It`s obviously disappointing to lose three places on the grid, but we`ll have to see what happens in the race. I have no idea what the weather will do, but it will be the same for everyone."
Lotus technical director James Allison felt the race is "likely to be a stern test of driver and team".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her