Malaysian GP: Raikkonen to start 10th after grid penalty
Sepang: Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus set the seventh fastest time in a rain affected qualifying of the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix here on Saturday. The Finn will however start Sunday`s race from tenth position after receiving a three place grid penalty for blocking Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg.
Raikkonen`s teammate Romain Grosjean was eleventh fastest after the rain scuppered his Q2 lap on new tyres; forcing him to abort his final attempt.
Raikkonen, who won the season opener in Melbourne, said, "We weren`t quick enough on the intermediates so I don`t think we could have found much more time in the wet today. For sure I wanted more but it is what it is and I hope we`ll do better Sunday. It`s obviously disappointing to lose three places on the grid, but we`ll have to see what happens in the race. I have no idea what the weather will do, but it will be the same for everyone."
Lotus technical director James Allison felt the race is "likely to be a stern test of driver and team".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights