Mallya elected in World Motor Sports Council
New Delhi: Force India chairman Vijay Mallya, who also heads the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI), has been elected in the prestigious FIA World Motor Sport Council.
The flamboyant aviation and liquor tycoon was one of the 41 candidates, each gunning for one of the 14 places, and Mallya eventually got the nod for a four-year term on the panel after the poll in Paris on Friday.
The ballot paper mentioned each candidate by name and the results were announced against their name as well, while showing the club/country they represent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'