Mallya elected in World Motor Sports Council
New Delhi: Force India chairman Vijay Mallya, who also heads the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI), has been elected in the prestigious FIA World Motor Sport Council.
The flamboyant aviation and liquor tycoon was one of the 41 candidates, each gunning for one of the 14 places, and Mallya eventually got the nod for a four-year term on the panel after the poll in Paris on Friday.
The ballot paper mentioned each candidate by name and the results were announced against their name as well, while showing the club/country they represent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'