Mallya elected in World Motor Sports Council
New Delhi: Force India chairman Vijay Mallya, who also heads the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI), has been elected in the prestigious FIA World Motor Sport Council.
The flamboyant aviation and liquor tycoon was one of the 41 candidates, each gunning for one of the 14 places, and Mallya eventually got the nod for a four-year term on the panel after the poll in Paris on Friday.
The ballot paper mentioned each candidate by name and the results were announced against their name as well, while showing the club/country they represent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report