Mallya to name 2012 drivers` line up before Abu Dhabi GP
Greater Noida: Within 15 days Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta would know whether they will continue to be Force India drivers next season or not as Team Principal Vijay Mallya on Saturday promised to convey his decision to the duo before next month`s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Mallya had earlier said that he will reveal his drivers` line up for the 2012 season in mid-December, which made Sutil and Di Resta feel very anxious.
But Mallya on Saturday decided to end his drivers` anxious wait and said he will name Force India`s line up for next year before the 18th and penultimate race of the season at Abu Dhabi on November 13.
"I respect that Adrian (Sutil) and Paul (Di Resta) wants to know about their future with Force India soon. They spoke to me about it and I will make the announcement before Abu Dhabi," Mallya told reporters.
Sutil has been with the team since since 2006 when it was known as Midland and then Spyker. Mallya bought the struggling side in 2007 and re-named it as Force India.
Since then the German has done reasonably well for the side, which has gone from strength to strength in the last few seasons.
The team had ended the 2008 season in the 10th position on the constructors` championship and then improved to ninth and seventh in the following seasons. In the current year it is placed sixth with three races more to go, starting with the inaugural Indian Grand at the Buddh International Circuit here on Saturday.
On the other hand, it is Di Resta`s rookie season in the racing seat as the Scot was Force India`s reserve driver in last year.
Mallya also said that he was exploring the option of having two reserve drivers from next season.
At present Nico Hulkenberg is the only reserve driver for the side, in which Sahara India Pariwar has brought 42.5 stake with an investment of USD 100 million.
"We are thinking of having two reserves for the next season. Lets see how it pans out. I don`t need a paid driver. I don`t believe in selling a seat. I have always done what is good for the team," Mallya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!