Mark Webber ``haunted`` by 2010 defeat: Coulthard
Melbourne: Australian Formula One driver Mark Webber’s defeat at last year’s title may have psychologically affected the player, his former team-mate David Coulthard has said.
Coulthard said Webber`s defeat in Abu Dhabi last year might have led to his dismal 2011 season performance.
Webber failed to take advantage of the points-leading situation in last season’s race in 2010, which jeopardised his chances of his victory.
``Mark was just about to win the world championship. Since then Sebastian did everything right, which may have impaired Mark`s performance,” a leading daily quoted Coulthard,as saying.
Coulthard said Webber needed a ``new approach`` in 2012, while Webber admitted he was too slow to outpace the contenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal