Mark Webber ``haunted`` by 2010 defeat: Coulthard
Melbourne: Australian Formula One driver Mark Webber’s defeat at last year’s title may have psychologically affected the player, his former team-mate David Coulthard has said.
Coulthard said Webber`s defeat in Abu Dhabi last year might have led to his dismal 2011 season performance.
Webber failed to take advantage of the points-leading situation in last season’s race in 2010, which jeopardised his chances of his victory.
``Mark was just about to win the world championship. Since then Sebastian did everything right, which may have impaired Mark`s performance,” a leading daily quoted Coulthard,as saying.
Coulthard said Webber needed a ``new approach`` in 2012, while Webber admitted he was too slow to outpace the contenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption