Mark Webber says `proud` of great F1 career ahead of retirement
London: Red Bull driver Mark Webber has said that he has had some great highs and some hard lows in his Formula One career but can look back with pride as he draws closer to the end of an eventful career.
According to the Guardian, Webber expressed that he never imagined he would race in over 200 grand prix races with some pretty special wins on the big stage.
The Australian revealed that he had food poisoning in one race but he still finished it and has also once competed with fractured ribs.
In late June Webber announced his decision to retire from Formula One and join Porsche next year, when he will race sports cars in the FIA World Endurance Championship, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price