Mark Webber takes pole at Korean GP ahead of teammate Sebastian Vettel
Yeongam (South Korea): Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel locked out the front row for Red Bull in the Formula One Korean Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday.
Webber clocked 1 minute, 37.242 seconds for his the second pole of the season after winning from the front in Monaco.
Last year`s race winner Vettel followed seven hundredths of a second back to secure P2 and increase his chances of closing the four-point gap to championship leader Fernando Alonso, who qualified in fourth.
Lewis Hamilton starts in third after posting 1:37.469 in his McLaren, followed by Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen, who trails the Spaniard by 37 points and still has an outside shot at the title.
Alonso`s teammate, Felipe Massa, clocked the sixth-fastest time, with Raikkonen`s partner Romain Grojean seventh in the Lotus.
The German trio of Nico Hulkenberg, Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher round out the top ten.
1. Mark Webber (Red Bull)
2. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
3. Lewis Hamilton (McLaren)
4. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
5. Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus)
6. Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
7. Romain Grosjean (Lotus)
8. Nico Hulkenberg (Force India)
9. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
10. Michael Schumacher (Mercedes)
11. Jenson Button (McLaren)
12. Sergio Perez (Sauber)
13. Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber)
14. Paul di Resta (Force India)
15. Pastor Maldonado (Williams)
16. Daniel Ricciardo (Toro Rosso)
17. Jean-Eric Verge (Toro Rosso)
18. Bruno Senna (Williams)
19. Vitaly Petrov (Caterham)
20. Heikki Kovalainen (Caterham)
21. Timo Glock (Marussia)
22. Pedro de la Rosa (HRT)
23. Narain Karthikeyan (HRT)
24. Charles Pic (Marussia)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why