Mark Webber to consider future with Red Bull
Sydney: A frustrated Mark Webber, who has returned to Australia, is considering his future with Red Bull after accusing the team of protecting world champion Sebastian Vettel during their clash in the Malaysian Grand Prix on Sunday.
Webber is unable to hide his annoyance when teammate Vettel ignores orders to hold station at the Sepang International Circuit,
Webber accused Red Bull of protecting teammate Vettel after the German disobeyed team orders and passed the Australian on Sunday to steal victory on Sunday.
Vettel was remorseful later, admitting: "I f....d up" but Webber was furious and immediately returned to Queensland to think about his future.
Webber said he thinks it`s very early days right now and it`s very raw, obviously, and they need to work out how the team goes best forwards from here.
Webber added that is obviously going to be discussed this week and he would in Australia on his surfboard, adding the phone won`t be engaged and they would see what happens.
The Australian further said Sunday`s episode puts heat on a few people and unfortunately there`s no rewind button.
The pair also clashed at the Turkish GP in 2010 and the Japanese GP in 2007 when Vettel was driving for Red Bull`s sister team Torro Rosso.
Vettel apologised for not respecting the team orders but, when asked if he was now considering his future with the team, Webber said his mind, in the last 15 laps, was thinking about that, adding he was thinking about many things, yes many, many things.
Webber was skeptical whether the team would admonish Vettel because he will have protection as usual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed