Marussia seeking new engine supplier for 2014
Barcelona: Formula 1 team Marussia confirmed that they will change their engine suppliers from the 2014 season as their current suppliers Cosworth are expected to pull out at the end of the 2013 season.
The Banbury-based outfit is the only team to use Cosworth engines currently as all other teams use Renault, Ferrari or Mercedes engines.
Speaking at the Formula 1 Teams` Association (FOTA) fans` forum here Wednesday night, Marussia sporting director Graeme Lowdon said he believed that Cosworth would not be building a V6 turbo which will most likely replace the current V8s.
"My understanding is that Cosworth won`t be making a 2014 engine. Obviously I don`t work for Cosworth but that is my understanding. The three suppliers will be Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari," Lowdon was quoted by autosport.com.
Marussia is not the only team that faces an uncertain engine future, with a number of teams - including Sauber and Force India - not yet confirming who their engine partners will be while Toro Rosso is expected to switch to Renault from Ferrari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured