Marussia seeking new engine supplier for 2014
Barcelona: Formula 1 team Marussia confirmed that they will change their engine suppliers from the 2014 season as their current suppliers Cosworth are expected to pull out at the end of the 2013 season.
The Banbury-based outfit is the only team to use Cosworth engines currently as all other teams use Renault, Ferrari or Mercedes engines.
Speaking at the Formula 1 Teams` Association (FOTA) fans` forum here Wednesday night, Marussia sporting director Graeme Lowdon said he believed that Cosworth would not be building a V6 turbo which will most likely replace the current V8s.
"My understanding is that Cosworth won`t be making a 2014 engine. Obviously I don`t work for Cosworth but that is my understanding. The three suppliers will be Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari," Lowdon was quoted by autosport.com.
Marussia is not the only team that faces an uncertain engine future, with a number of teams - including Sauber and Force India - not yet confirming who their engine partners will be while Toro Rosso is expected to switch to Renault from Ferrari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog