Marussia seeking new engine supplier for 2014
Barcelona: Formula 1 team Marussia confirmed that they will change their engine suppliers from the 2014 season as their current suppliers Cosworth are expected to pull out at the end of the 2013 season.
The Banbury-based outfit is the only team to use Cosworth engines currently as all other teams use Renault, Ferrari or Mercedes engines.
Speaking at the Formula 1 Teams` Association (FOTA) fans` forum here Wednesday night, Marussia sporting director Graeme Lowdon said he believed that Cosworth would not be building a V6 turbo which will most likely replace the current V8s.
"My understanding is that Cosworth won`t be making a 2014 engine. Obviously I don`t work for Cosworth but that is my understanding. The three suppliers will be Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari," Lowdon was quoted by autosport.com.
Marussia is not the only team that faces an uncertain engine future, with a number of teams - including Sauber and Force India - not yet confirming who their engine partners will be while Toro Rosso is expected to switch to Renault from Ferrari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding