Massa back on track in Hungary
Budapest: Ferrari`s Felipe Massa was back on track at the Hungarian Grand Prix for the first time since he suffered near-fatal head injuries in an accident there a year ago.
The Brazilian set the first timed lap of the opening practice session for Sunday`s race on a sunny morning at the Hungaroring.
Massa missed last year`s race after being hit on the helmet during qualifying by a bouncing spring that had broken loose from compatriot Rubens Barrichello`s Brawn.
He spent several days in an induced coma and missed the rest of the season.
Massa visited the circuit medical centre on Thursday to thank the staff who extracted him from the car and tended to him.
"I don`t remember a single thing from the accident. I don`t remember the corner," he said on Thursday.
"I saw it many times, but I don`t remember anything, so when you close the visor, you don`t think about these things, you just think about doing your best and working and achieving the maximum you can."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug