Massa doing well, to fly home on Monday – doctor
Budapest: Injured Formula One driver Felipe Massa is doing "very well" and will be flown back to Brazil on Monday, his personal physician said on Friday.
"Felipe continues to improve. He is doing very well and we already decided to go back home (Brazil) on Monday," physician Dino Altmann told reporters in front of Budapest`s AEK military hospital.
"I think this decision says all you need to know (about his condition)," he added.
Altmann said Massa, last year`s championship runner-up, needs rest and the plan is that he will return to Formula One but no timetable has yet been set.
Massa, 28, fractured his skull in an accident during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
He spent several days in an induced coma and on a respirator but was released from an intensive care unit at the Budapest hospital on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her