Massa doing well, to fly home on Monday – doctor
Budapest: Injured Formula One driver Felipe Massa is doing "very well" and will be flown back to Brazil on Monday, his personal physician said on Friday.
"Felipe continues to improve. He is doing very well and we already decided to go back home (Brazil) on Monday," physician Dino Altmann told reporters in front of Budapest`s AEK military hospital.
"I think this decision says all you need to know (about his condition)," he added.
Altmann said Massa, last year`s championship runner-up, needs rest and the plan is that he will return to Formula One but no timetable has yet been set.
Massa, 28, fractured his skull in an accident during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
He spent several days in an induced coma and on a respirator but was released from an intensive care unit at the Budapest hospital on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief