Massa first to test new Ferrari
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil`s Felipe Massa will be the first driver to test Ferrari`s 2013 Formula 1 car.
The 31-year-old will be the designated driver for trials at Jerez from Feb 5-7 before two-time world champion Fernando Alonso returns from his off-season break two weeks later, Ferrari confirmed on its website on Thursday.
Buoyed at being given a 12-month contract extension late last year, Massa recently revealed plans to challenge for the 2013 F1 drivers` championship.
He scored just 23 points in the first half of last season before a series of impressive results catapulted him to seventh in the drivers` standings with 122 points.
According to Ferrari, Massa will be given seven days to test the new car and Alonso five. The team`s development driver Pedro de la Rosa, who drove for HRT last season, will also trial the car for a day.
The 2013 Formula 1 season begins with the Australian Grand Prix March 17 at Melbourne`s Albert Park circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city