Massa hopes for hat-trick in Brazil
Sao Paulo: Brazilian driver Felipe Massa has hinted he will put Ferrari team strategy aside in a bid to win his home Formula One Grand Prix for a third time at Interlagos Sunday.
The 31-year-old has built a reputation for sacrificing personal accolades in favour of team success during his 10-year F1 career, Xinhua reports.
But speaking during a press conference at Interlagos Thursday, Massa did not hide his desire to add another home victory to his 2006 and 2008 triumphs.
"I want to win again here. This is a special place for me, and who knows, maybe I will win with Alonso coming in second and winning the championship," Massa said.
After a poor start to the season, Massa has accumulated points at a consistent rate in the second half of the year.
He is currently seventh on 107 points.
Massa`s Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso - second in the driver`s standings, 13 points behind Vettel - is the only driver capable of denying the German his third straight championship victory in Sunday`s season-ending race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16