Massa in spectacular smash at German GP
Felipe Massa, starting on the second row, somersaulted spectacularly out of the German Grand on Sunday after his Williams was bumped at the first bend.
Massa`s car came to rest in the safety gravel. The Brazilian walked away unscathed but clearly frustrated after the accident triggered when Kevin Magnussen`s McLaren clipped the rear of his car.
"Big crash for Felipe but he is out the car and heading back to the garage," Williams said on its Twitter account.
Magnussen continued, although the Danish driver reported damage to his front right tyre.
The race restarted after a brief interlude when the safety car appeared, with Mercedes` Nico Rosberg leading from pole.
Massa has suffered wretched luck this campaign.
At the British Grand Prix at Silverstone last time out his race ended prematurely when in a collision with Kimi Raikkonen`s out of control Ferrari.
Only rapid avoiding action by Massa prevented a far more serious crash.
In the Canadian Grand Prix in June Massa accused rival driver Sergio Perez of being "dangerous" after the Mexican had caused their near-300kph collision.
Brazilian Massa had tried to pass Perez for fourth position as they approached Turn One when their cars collided, an impact that sent both into the barriers at high speed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi