Massa leaves hospital in Brazil after tests
Sao Paulo: Injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa left the hospital in Sao Paulo Tuesday after a series of medical tests ruled out the need for further surgery, his personal physician said.
Massa, who fractured his skull and suffered concussion following an accident during qualifying at last month`s Hungarian Grand Prix, underwent the tests after arriving in Brazil from Budapest Monday.
After leaving hospital, the 28-year-old went directly to his house in Sao Paulo.
"We did new blood exams, repeated brain tomography, brain resonance, he`s undergone a ophthalmic exam, and the conclusion is that Felipe has no need of a new surgery right now," physician Dino Altman told reporters.
"The only recommendation for him is for rest at home."
No timetable has been given for Massa`s return to Formula One.
Last year`s championship runner-up, Massa spent several days in an induced coma and on a respirator after the accident.
Germany`s seven-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher, who retired in 2006, will replace the Brazilian at Ferrari while he recovers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister