Massa leaves hospital in Brazil after tests
Sao Paulo: Injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa left the hospital in Sao Paulo Tuesday after a series of medical tests ruled out the need for further surgery, his personal physician said.
Massa, who fractured his skull and suffered concussion following an accident during qualifying at last month`s Hungarian Grand Prix, underwent the tests after arriving in Brazil from Budapest Monday.
After leaving hospital, the 28-year-old went directly to his house in Sao Paulo.
"We did new blood exams, repeated brain tomography, brain resonance, he`s undergone a ophthalmic exam, and the conclusion is that Felipe has no need of a new surgery right now," physician Dino Altman told reporters.
"The only recommendation for him is for rest at home."
No timetable has been given for Massa`s return to Formula One.
Last year`s championship runner-up, Massa spent several days in an induced coma and on a respirator after the accident.
Germany`s seven-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher, who retired in 2006, will replace the Brazilian at Ferrari while he recovers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery