Massa leaves hospital in Brazil after tests
Sao Paulo: Injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa left the hospital in Sao Paulo Tuesday after a series of medical tests ruled out the need for further surgery, his personal physician said.
Massa, who fractured his skull and suffered concussion following an accident during qualifying at last month`s Hungarian Grand Prix, underwent the tests after arriving in Brazil from Budapest Monday.
After leaving hospital, the 28-year-old went directly to his house in Sao Paulo.
"We did new blood exams, repeated brain tomography, brain resonance, he`s undergone a ophthalmic exam, and the conclusion is that Felipe has no need of a new surgery right now," physician Dino Altman told reporters.
"The only recommendation for him is for rest at home."
No timetable has been given for Massa`s return to Formula One.
Last year`s championship runner-up, Massa spent several days in an induced coma and on a respirator after the accident.
Germany`s seven-time Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher, who retired in 2006, will replace the Brazilian at Ferrari while he recovers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
- J&K unrest: Kashmiris are not stone-pelters, only few are disturbing peace, says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' mints over Rs 10 crore in opening weekend
- Two arrested with narcotic capsules, injections in Jammu
- Pakistan rise to No. 1 in Test rankings after India-West Indies match called off