Massa may leave hospital within 10 days: Doctor
Budapest: Injured Formula One driver Felipe Massa is recovering well and could walk out of a Budapest hospital within 10 days, his doctor said.
"My expectation is that he would walk out of the hospital on his own," Peter Bazso, the medical director of the AEK hospital, told public television.
"If his recovery continues at this pace, I wouldn`t rule out that he could leave within 10 days."
Brazilian Massa fractured his skull in an accident during qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix Saturday when he was hit just above his left eye by a bouncing spring, weighing almost a kilo, that broke free from compatriot Rubens Barrichello`s Brawn car.
"He`s spending more and more time awake, talking to family and friends," Bazso said, adding that they could begin "mobilising him" within a few days.
Doctors brought Massa, last year`s championship runner-up, out of an artificial coma Monday and also took him off a respirator.
"I would like to point out that although he`s recovering, this is not the end of the story, he is still in a life-threatening condition," Bazso said.
"Of course, the danger is decreasing by the day."
Bazso said it was too early to predict whether Massa had suffered any lasting damage.
Ferrari officials, including team boss Stefano Domenicali, are expected to visit Massa Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire