Massa not expecting Ferrari miracle
Istanbul: Felipe Massa hopes Ferrari`s new package of improvements will deliver a much-improved result in this weekend`s Turkish Grand Prix, but like team-mate Fernando Alonso, he was not expecting miracles.
Ferrari will introduce modified front and rear wings for the race after three outings this season without a podium finish.
Brazilian Massa said: "In the races, we have a good step compared to qualifying, so I hope we can have a good step to fight with Red Bull, which is very strong.”
"For sure everyone is working hard to improve the car. But it`s always difficult to say how the new parts will go. I hope we understand so many important things that makes the car stronger but we don`t know how it is going to be."
Two-times champion Alonso said: "It is going to improve the car. We have some new parts here and we will have new parts in the next few races.
"It is an improvement from what we had in China, but it is a couple of tenths only. It is not a revolution and will not change the car completely in one race.”
"I expect a slow reaction, step by step to try and close the gap. We are happy with our work in the last three weeks in improving the car but we also think the others teams did improvements in the last three weeks."
Massa is a three-time winner of the Turkish Grand Prix, but knows his chances of defeating both the Red Bulls and McLarens are limited.
He said: "I had good years, great cars, fighting and winning from the beginning, but we had some difficult years like 2009. It is also clear that we never give up.
"But the difference (from Ferrari to Red Bull in performance) is also quite big so we need to have our feet on the ground and to work to improve the car -- and I would say more in qualifying than races."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says